27 Nov 2020 Shop News
Our shops are set to reopen on Wednesday
We are delighted to announce that many of our shops will be reopening from Tuesday 2nd December – just in time for the busy Christmas period.
With Christmas fast approaching, now is the perfect time to grab yourself a bargain, pick up that perfect festive outfit or purchase those last-minute stocking fillers. So we’re delighted to announce that many of our shops will be reopening their doors from Wednesday 2nd December.
We were sad to close our shops for the second time back in November as we entered a four-week national lockdown, but we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make sure we’re ready to welcome you back this December.
We’ll be doing everything we can to keep shoppers safe as they return just in time for the festive period. We hope you’ll pop in and shop with us once again and help us to Support Life for people here in Kirklees.
Donna Weston, Head of Retail with The Kirkwood, said:
“We are delighted to be reopening most of our shops just in time for the busy Christmas period. During the pandemic, our sources of income have been under greater pressure than ever before, with many of our major events cancelled, our shops forced to close and our amazing community unable to support us in the same ways as normal. So this is a timely boost.
“We’ve been really well supported since we reopened in the summer following the first national lockdown, so it’s great to be back just in time for what is normally our busiest time of the year. We can't wait to welcome our customers again and hope they’ll appreciate the hard work we have done to keep people safe when shopping with us.”
The full list of shops which will reopen from 2nd December:
- Denby Dale
- Furniture Store - Moldgreen
Helping you shop safely this Christmas
As we reopen our shops, we will continue to do everything we can to help you to enjoy your shopping experience safely.
We’ve installed a number of safety measures and we'll be following strict social distancing guidelines. In line with current government guidelines, we also ask that all our customers wear a face covering in all our shops, apart from those who have an exemption from wearing them.
Here are some of the ways we’re helping you to stay safe in our shops:
- We’ve installed floor markers and one-way systems in our shops where possible to make it easier to observe social distancing
- We have installed protective screens at our till counters to protect you and our teams
- We are limiting the number of customers in our shop to make sure 2m social distancing can be observed. If it’s busy, we may ask you to queue for a short while to help us prevent crowding
- Where possible, we encourage you to use contactless card payments instead of cash
- Our shops will be cleaned regularly and our teams will be required to wash their hands more frequently. We have also installed new hand sanitising points
- In some cases you may be asked to use a separate door for donations to help us process your donation safely
- We will quarantine all donated items for 72 hours before sorting, cleaning and making them available for sale
- Our teams will be wearing gloves whilst sorting stock and donations
Making a donation
If your local shop has now reopened, we will be delighted to accept your donations again if we have space.
To keep our customers and teams safe, we have put a number of safety measures in place, including quarantining all donated items for 72 hours once they arrive. This may mean that we aren't able to take donations in some shops at certain times, as we have limited storage space.
If possible, please give your local shop a call before visiting us to make sure we have space to accept your items on the day. Please click here to find the telephone number for your local shop.
Arranging a home collection
We are now able to collect your donations from you at home. When picking up your donations, our team follow strict social distancing guidelines and wear appropriate personal protective equipment to ensure your safety
If you would like us to collect any donations, please contact our Retail team on: 01484 557 917 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting furniture donations again from week commencing Monday 7th December. You can book a collection now with our Furniture Store team. Please contact them on: 01484 515 586
Need clinical advice?
Call our advice line on:
24 hrs a day