Name: Leave a gift in your will
Leave a gift in your will
If you choose to add The Kirkwood to your will, your gift will become a lifeline for local families in need. You’ll help to improve their quality of life in ways that really matter, support families to get the care they need when (and where) they need it, and make sure everyone affected by a life limiting illness in Kirklees can make the most every single day.
Your gift could be a friendly voice at the other end of the phone after a family hears bad news about a diagnosis for the very first time. It could build a patient’s confidence and help them to maintain their independence – so they can continue to do the things that make them smile. It could create special memories that are cherished forever. Or your gift could help a family to pick up the pieces and learn to smile again.
Whatever you choose to give, your gift will be the reason that those in our care are able to make the very most of the time they have left, whatever else is happening in the world.
Our promise to you
We are determined to help local people improve their quality of life in the ways that are important to them, and believe in the difference that gifts in wills can make – so we’ll never shy away from asking people to consider leaving a gift to The Kirkwood. But we’ll always do it in the right way and follow the following principles:
- We understand and respect that when making your will, friends and family always come first.
- We will never forget that choosing whether to leave a gift in your will is your decision (and we’ll never put pressure on you).
- When you leave a gift to The Kirkwood, we’ll make sure it’s used carefully, responsibly and in the best interests of all who rely on our care, focussing on areas it will have the greatest impact.
- We know things change sometimes – so if you need to alter your will in the future we’ll completely understand. And you don’t need to tell us if you do.
- If it’s important to you, we’ll give you and your family as much choice as we can about how your gift is used.
- If you choose to leave us a gift in your will, we’d love to hear from you so we can say thank you. But you don’t need to tell us. Your privacy is really important and we appreciate that your will is personal to you.
- We’d like to keep in touch to show you the difference we are making for local families, but we’ll give you the option to choose how and when you’d like to hear from us.
- We’ll never share your personal information with anyone else. Ever.
We can help you create a basic will for free
We believe it’s really important to plan for the future. And we believe will writing services should be easy and accessible for everyone. That’s why we’re partnering up with local solicitors and an online will writing service to offer all our supporters a free basic will.
Making a will isn’t an easy thing to think about. It can be a daunting prospect. Some people don’t know where to start. Some think it’s expensive. And others don’t think wills are important. We want to change that. Find out how you can write your basic will for free by clicking here.
Find out more
If you have any questions about leaving a gift to The Kirkwood in your will, please get in touch. We're here to help.
For any enquiries, please call Dawn Walker on: 01484 557 911 or email: email@example.com
Any information you decide to share with us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Thank you for considering leaving a gift to The Kirkwood. Your gift will help make sure we can be there for people in Kirklees living with life limiting illnesses when they need us most. Ten, twenty, thirty years from now. As we have been since 1987.
Need clinical advice?
Call our advice line on:
24 hrs a day